AlcoholEDU & SAPU
Welcome, new student!
As part of our commitment to your success, we provide engaging educational tutorials to help you with your transition to college
WE ARE EXCITED TO OFFER YOU ALCOHOLEDU® FOR COLLEGE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION FOR UNDERGRADUATES (SAPU) – NON-OPINIONATED, SCIENCE-BASED COURSES TAKEN BY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS EACH YEAR.
These courses aim not to preach but rather to teach the facts about alcohol, its effects on the mind and body, and sexual assault prevention. Whether or not you drink, AlcoholEdu® for College empowers students to make well-informed decisions and provides some simple strategies to help keep you and your friends safe. You must earn a score of 80% or higher in each module (with the exception of SAPU, which is not scored and must simply be completed) by the deadline to successfully fulfill this first-year student requirement; failure to do so may result in a violation of the Student Code of Conduct and a meeting with the Student Conduct and Ethical Development.
All students will receive an email from EverFi with instructions on logging in. Check your USF Emails!
MANDATORY: All incoming students must complete Part 1 of both AlcoholEdu and SAPU by September 9, 2022.
Part II will open September 12 and is due October 7, 2022 for all students.
Instructions for completing the program
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
Please note, that these instructions differ based on your status so please be careful to read the instructions that pertain to you:
- All students will receive an email from EverFi with instructions on logging in. Check your USF Outlook Emails and your quarantine email, located under Email Tab on My USF!
- Log out only after completing a full section so you don’t lose anything.
- Always log back in through this site for both AlcoholEdu and SAPU.
- Once you complete Part I of AlcoholEdu, DO NOT FORGET TO GO BACK FOR PART I OF SAPU.
- All incoming students must complete Part 1 of both AlcoholEdu and SAPU by the deadline above.
- Part II will open after and is due by the deadline above for all students. You will receive an email when it opens for you. You must complete Part II of both.
Note: You do not have to complete the course in one sitting.
TRANSFER STUDENTS ONLY: If you are a transfer student who has completed AlcoholEdu at another institution, this requirement will be waived with proof of completion. You must submit a copy of the completion screenshot and/or completion email you received from EverFi/AlcoholEdu directly to the Health Educator before the deadline. Your name must be visible in the screenshot in order to receive credit. SAPU IS REQUIRED REGARDLESS!
The course has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement:
- The first part of the course take roughly 2.5 hours to complete. This section ends with the Exam and Survey. You must earn a grade of 80% or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. About one month after you complete the Exam and Survey, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2.
To begin AlcoholEdu for Sanctions:
- You will receive an email from EverFi in your USF email. Make sure you save this email as it contains your link to enter the system.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- You will receive reminders until you have completed it.
USF St. Petersburg students are required to take AlcoholEdu® for College prior to starting school. The information provided here will help parents, faculty, and staff understand what students will be learning as they move through the course experience, and provide additional resources that may be helpful. Visit AlcoholEdu for Parents.
If you encounter any issues while accessing the course, please use the Foundry Troubleshooting Guide FIRST, or contact the 24/7 tech support service at everfi.com/support. Then, contact Campus Computing.
Have questions about deadlines or still having issues after troubleshooting/contacting EverFi and USF St. Petersburg Help Desk? For USF St. Petersburg students, please email.