Victim Advocacy Services
Advocacy will offer both in-person and virtual options for all services (appointments, accompaniments, consultations). However, to continue supporting the health and safety of our campus community and provide increased access to care, we will recommend virtual services whenever appropriate. To access services, please email or call today!
- By phone, call the Wellness Center and select option 4 during business hours.
- For after-hours support, please call the Wellness Center and select option 2.
CONSULTATION SERVICES AVAILABLE TO ALL USF ST. PETERSBURG STUDENTS 24 HOURS A DAY, SEVEN DAYS A WEEK 727-873-4422
- To request accommodations for any Wellness Center services and/or programs, please contact us at 727-873-4422.
- Download the Faculty/Staff toolkit here!
The USF St. Petersburg campus is proud to offer victim advocacy services to any student who has been the victim of a violent crime (i.e., stalking, assault, domestic violence). The campus Victim Advocate can be contacted during normal business hours from 8am-5pm by calling the Wellness Center main line 727-873-4422 to schedule an appointment, or the student can schedule an appointment in person. Students who have access to an iPhone can also contact the Victim Advocate by using the USF St. Petersburg Safe app, selecting Support Services, then selecting USF St. Petersburg Victim Advocate. These services are free and confidential for all USF St. Petersburg campus students.
After hours, students can call the Wellness Center main line and select option 2. The students’ needs will be assessed by an on-call mental health counselor and referred to the Victim Advocate for emergency responses if needed. If a student is able to address their needs during business hours, they can leave a message on the Wellness Center main line to schedule an appointment on the next available business day with the Victim Advocate.
What is a Victim Advocate?
An advocate with the Wellness Center is a professional who is trained to respond with compassion and expertise to the victims of crime, violence and abuse. This includes crisis intervention, advocacy and accompaniment, safety planning, academic and housing assistance, and nonjudgmental support to victims to help them get through the experience and regain control of their lives.
The Victim Advocate is available year-round and can provide a number of services for students, including:
Providing campus and community referral
- Providing information and assistance with filing reports on or off campus and navigating the legal and Title IX process
Quick Access Emergency Numbers
- University Police Department: 727-873-4444
- Office of the Dean of Students: 727-873-4278
- Office of Student Conduct and Ethical Development: 727-873-5027
- Suncoast (24/7 Rape Crisis Hotline): 727-530-7273
- CASA (DV Advocacy & Counseling): 727-895-4912
- Victim Assistance (St. Pete Police Dept): 727-892-5280 or 727-892-5128