The Wellness Center empowers the University of South Florida St. Petesrburg community by promoting a proactive and compassionate approach to holistic wellness and student development in an inclusive, collaborative and multidisciplinary environment.
We envision a healthy campus culture where all students are empowered, resilient, community-minded adults engaged in cultivating personal achievement and lifelong fulfillment.
- Respect by treating everyone equally, valuing all contributions, cultivating autonomous decision making, and celebrating diversity.
- Integrity by never compromising ethics, ensuring confidentiality, offering high quality of care, and creating trust in our community.
- Development by educating, empowering, and encouraging growth through promoting life skills like critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, and risk taking, for not just the student body, but personally and professionally.
- Empathy by acting with compassion, kindness, and acceptance to ourselves and others, while inspiring USF St. Petersburg to do the same.
Here at the Wellness Center we embrace a definition of diversity that includes ethnic/racial identity, sexual orientation, age, sex, religious beliefs, socioeconomic status, gender identity, nationality, body shape/size and differences in physical ability. Our services are provided to assist the USF St. Petersburg community in achieving and maintaining balanced living in regards to physical, emotional, vocational and relational functioning, with an emphasis on collaboration, prevention, and wellness. We are committed to creating a safe, inclusive, and affirming environment, which includes providing culturally appropriate services, culturally relevant training, increased accessibility, and quality service delivery.
Students who utilize the Wellness Center services/programs will:
- Explain how the Wellness Center contributed to their academic success (e.g., it helped them get or stay well so they could remain in class/university; it helped them keep up with university demands)
- Demonstrate how their visit to the Wellness Center contributed positively to their personal well-being (e.g., They feel better about themselves; They feel better about their relationships; They feel more hopeful about their life situation).
The Wellness Center is proud to be accredited by The International Association of Counseling Services (IACS). IACS was established in 1972 to encourage and aid counseling services to meet high professional standards through peer evaluation and to inform the public about campus counseling services that are competent and reliable. For more information, please visit IACS.