Campus recreation memberships can be purchased and renewed at the Fitness Center and The Edge. Members have access to the Fitness Center, recreation fields, outdoor basketball and volleyball courts, outdoor pool, The Edge, waterfront, and discounted prices on Campus Recreation classes such as First Aid and CPR/AED, Start Sailing Right, US Powerboating, and many more.
We offer many types of memberships to benefit our campus community and their family members. View the membership categories and rates page to see which membership type you qualify for. If you have any questions, please contact us at (727) 873-4589
GENERAL STANDARDS AND POLICIES
All policies apply to past, present, and future Campus Recreation Staff, professional staff, patrons, and any Campus Recreation participant.
- All Campus Recreation users must present a current, valid USF ID card.
- Using false identification is a violation of the USF Student Code of Conduct. Individuals who present false identification or whose ID is presented by another person may forfeit Campus Recreation privileges. The fraudulent ID will be confiscated and destroyed; the owner will have to obtain a new ID through the card center.
- Entrance to the Campus Recreation Facilities is only allowed through the access control area of the facility. Anyone found to have entered the facility through any other means will be asked to leave the premises and further disciplinary action may be taken.
- Campus Recreation reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone.
- All policies outlined in the University of South Florida St. Petersburg Student Code of Conduct will be enforced.
- All Campus Recreation users are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety conscious at all times. Disorderly conduct, abuse or misuse of the facility and its equipment, or disregard for Campus Recreation policies and staff will not be tolerated. Violators will be required to leave the facility and may be subject to disciplinary action and suspension. Fee-paying members who are suspended will not have any portion of their fees refunded.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Use of personal transportation such as, but not limited to, bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, or roller blades is prohibited inside the facility.
- Pets are not permitted inside the facility, except approved service animals. Emotional support animals are not considered service animals.
- Participants may not use or be under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs in Campus Recreation facilities.
- Tobacco use of any kind is prohibited.
- Food/chewing gum is restricted to approved areas, please see a staff member for further direction.
- Only spill-proof water bottles are allowed inside Campus Recreation facilities.
- Participants are encouraged to report malfunctioning lights or any other maintenance concerns to a Campus Recreation employee.
- Any injuries or possible risk must be reported to the Campus Recreation Staff on duty immediately.
- Signage or flyers of any type must be approved prior to posting.
- The use of radios, portable stereos, cellular devices or amplified sound is not permitted in any Campus Recreation facility without prior approval.
- Photography and videography is only permissible with written authorization. Please refer to the Marketing and Communications policies for further directions.
USF St. Petersburg offers guest passes for a daily fee. View the membership categories and rates page for additional information. Purchase guest and day passes here.
- A pass, membership, or reservation is required to access Campus Recreation facilities at all times.
- Campus Recreation reserves the right to deny access to a guest or spectator.
- Current USF students and Campus Recreation members are eligible to serve as a sponsor for their daily guests and/or spectators.They are allowed a maximum of three guests per day. All guests are subject to fees associated with each respective facility and/or equipment.
- All guests must present valid, government issued photo identification before gaining
access to Recreation facilities. All USF students and Campus Recreation members must
present their own, valid USF ID, in order to be granted USF affiliate guest day pass
- False identification will be confiscated. The original owner, as well as the person attempting to use the card will be suspended from all facilities.
- Campus Recreation reserves the right to turn over any confiscated identification to
University ID Card Services and/or Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution.
- All guests are required to sign the Liability and Informed Consent Waiver prior to
accessing the facility. If the guest is under the age of 18, the sponsor must sign
on their behalf.
- Guests younger than 16 must be with sponsor at all times.
- Guests must be at least 16 years old to participate in any Fitness or Group Fitness
activity other than swimming pool activity.
- Guest passes will not be sold within 15 minutes of closing time.
- A guest day pass is only valid for the current date of purchase until the last facility closes. Passes expire at the end of the current day.
- Guests are not permitted to solicit students or members to sponsor access into the facility and/or for equipment.
- Sponsors are responsible for the conduct and actions of the guests at all times. They
are subject to disciplinary action as a result of any inappropriate actions of their
Spectators are not required to purchase a guest day pass, but must have a sponsor to access the facilities during events.
- Spectators are only permitted at the Recreational Fields.
- Persons wishing to spectate events must have a current USF student ID or Campus Recreation member sponsor them for a spectator pass.
- The single use Spectator Pass Wristband will be required for the spectator to enter the event. The sponsor will need to accompany the spectator, and spectator must wear the wristband while attending the event.
- The Spectator Pass Wristband allows for spectating of events only, not open recreation.
All parties, including the sponsor and spectator, acknowledge the above information by signing the spectator pass agreement upon entering the event.
- Guests must abide by all University and Campus Recreation general standards and policies.
- Children under the age of 4 years old are admitted free with a legal guardian sponsor and must remain with the guardian at all times.
- Guest passes are non-transferable. They must be used the day of purchase.
- Guest passes can be purchased at the Fitness Center, Edge, and Boathouse.
- The purchased receipt must be presented at each facility prior to access on the day it was purchased with a valid photo ID.
- Guest will not receive a refund more than 15 minutes after the purchase of a guest pass.
- A user asked to leave by the staff will not be refunded any paid charges.
- Guests may not check out equipment. A sponsor can check out equipment on behalf of a guest and will be held responsible until the item/items are returned.