Our goal at Campus Recreation is to provide members of the USF St. Petersburg campus community the opportunity to engage in physical and leisure activities on the level they desire. Whether you are looking to join a team sport, de-stress with a yoga class or explore the great outdoors, we have it all for you.
We offer a variety of facilities and programs to help you stay active. Campus Recreation programs range from competitive sports, fitness, outdoor recreation and aquatics. Our facilities include two outdoor basketball courts, two sand volleyball courts, one multi-use recreation field, state of the art fitness equipment and a variety of water vessels such as kayaks, canoes, paddle boards and sailboats.
USF St. Petersburg offers a welcoming and supportive environment where students with disabilities are recognized and valued. Faculty and staff work hard so students with disabilities can take part in all aspects of university life to the greatest extent possible.
We encourage you to explore Campus Recreations programs, services and facilities. Service animals and personal attendants are welcome. We encourage you to reach out to USF St. Petersburg’s office of Student Disability Services if you need additional information or have questions related to access.
For reasonable accommodations, please contact Al Gentilini at least 24 hours prior to participation, 727-873-4223.
We Inspire the USF Community to Achieve Wellness and Success through Recreation Programs and Services.
1. Student Development and Success
- We serve and support student success through experiential learning opportunities and recreational programs that enrich the student experience
- We cultivate a work environment that supports the growth of student and staff employees in a professional setting
- We create and strengthen a student’s sense of belonging on campus
2. Inclusion, Diversity, and Respect
- We are dedicated to creating a welcoming environment that reflects the diversity and dynamic needs of the USF and surrounding community
- We embrace people who have different ideas than our own, and will listen without prejudice, bias, or judgement
- We recognize that individuals have different barriers to recreation and accept our role in eliminating those barriers
- We empower ownership of holistic well-being through cultivating healthy habits toward personal and lifelong health
4. Excellence and Innovation
- We strive to achieve and surpass national standards by benchmarking our practices
- We create a culture that fosters the development of new and diverse programs and services that exceed our perceived potential
5. Intentional Collaboration
- We will create and sustain relationships within #OneUSF, the surrounding communities, and global partners
- We enhance and support other USF departments by sharing resources and educational opportunities