Housing and Dining
FALL 2021 MOVE-IN INFORMATION
Welcome to USF St. Petersburg campus!
We can't wait for you to join us on campus this fall! Housing & Residential Education is working hard to plan a safe and successful move-in process. Please check back for updates.
WHEN IS MOVE IN / OPENING DAY?
Residence Hall Opening for fall semester will be staggered across multiple days and by appointment only.
Move-in appointment times will be available on the following days:
- Wednesday, August 18 - Friday, August 20: appointments available for Osprey
Suites (RHT), Pelican Apartments (RHO) and Ibis Hall (USC)
There will be time slots listed below and a limited number of residents able to sign up per time slot:
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m - 3:00 p.m
- 3:00 p.m - 4:00 p.m
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
As the university prepares to safely welcome students back to campus, Student Health Services will conduct a brief COVID-19 health screening of all residents as the first step in their check-in process. We anticipate this will take approximately 10-15 minutes. Residents arriving August 18, 19, or 20 will complete a Student Health Services screening form at the USC during check-in, and proceed to check-in and receive their keys once completed. Student Health Services will contact and provide individualized assistance to any student that may require isolation or quarantine based on the results of their health screening.
Please bring a mask for the health screening and any COVID testing or vaccination history, if applicable, for your reference. If you, or anyone in your party, have COVID-like symptoms on your scheduled move-in day, please re-schedule your arrival.
The university strongly encourages everyone to be vaccinated. The State of Florida
has made vaccines widely available to everyone medically eligible. COVID-19 vaccines
will be available to students free of charge on campus, though we encourage all residents
to return to campus fully vaccinated to reduce the risk of spread. Face coverings
are not required for fully vaccinated individuals. Face coverings are recommended
for unvaccinated individuals, although not required. While masks are not required
at USF, the CDC issued revised guidance on July 27, 2021 strongly recommending that
everyone wear masks while indoors. We encourage everyone to choose to wear a mask
indoors, especially those who are not vaccinated.
USF’s leadership team and eminent scholars continue to provide regular updates on the Returning to Campus webpage to safely prepare for a robust and active campus experience. While this information is subject to change, we remain committed to promoting the health and safety of all members of our university community.
WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO THE MOVE-IN PROCESS?
- If you have your student ID in your possession, proceed to the check-in location at
- If you do NOT have your student ID, you will need to go to the card office located on the second floor of the student library, POY 221 to pick up your card and activate it prior to coming to the USC to check in and receive your keys. You must submit your online request for an ID card prior to move in day. See below for more details.
What else should I know about the move-in process?
- We will not be issuing the large green moving carts this year. Please consider bringing dollies or other tools that you may need to assist with your move in process.
Parking for move in day
- Please review Parking and Transportation Information prior to arrival. Parking regulations are in place and enforced on the USF St.Petersburg campus
24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Due to move in, Parking and Transportation will make
the following exceptions:
- You may park in Visitor spaces for up to 60 minutes. After 60 minutes, citations will be issued.
- Parking enforcement will be waived in lot 2/STG and Garage levels 2-5.
- Please do not park in the unloading zones longer than 30 minutes.
- Please do not park in any "Disabled Parking" space unless displaying a proper state-issued Disabled Parking placard, hangtag, or license plate.
- Please do not park in Numbered, Reserved, State Vehicle or other Labeled parking spaces.
- City streets will not be closed for move in. Please do not block traffic while moving in. Please note that the street parking is metered and requires payment to park and is enforced by the city of St. Petersburg. For reference, more information about parking downtown can be found in the Downtown St. Petersburg Guide & Map.
- Please make sure to purchase your parking permit through your Parking Portal.
Student ID Cards
You must request your USF ID Card online and your submission must be approved by USF Card Services, in order for your card to be ready when you move-in. Please follow the below instructions to order and activate your USF ID Card.
- Complete the online ID card application on the USFCard Request Site. (idnow.it.usf.edu)
- Submit a photo of yourself. (Please see images below as acceptable photo examples).
- Submit a photo of your driver's license or passport.
- Wait for the approval e-mail (this will come to your USF e-mail).
- Pick up your USF ID Card at the card office located on the second floor of the student library, POY 221. If you're picking it up on your move-in day, please make sure you arrive 30 minutes early to your move-in appointment to pick up your USF ID card.
- Activate your card with the 16-digit code highlighted on the sample ID Card below– usf.edu/activate-card (You must do this for it to work).
Your mailbox information will be emailed to you the first week of class. We will not begin to accept packages until Monday, August 23.
USF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution. If you would like to request an accommodation for move in, we ask that you contact our office at 727-873-5101 or email@example.com at least five days before your arrival or as soon as possible.
GETTING READY TO LIVE ON CAMPUS
- Submit your application.
Complete the housing application steps to secure an assignment.
- Know your housing assignment.
Log in to the Housing Portal, select "My Account," then "My Assignments," then “View Assignments, Roommates, and Suitemates” to view your fall/spring housing assignment. This is also where your roommates/suite-mates/apartment-mates are listed. If you don't have an assignment, contact us for assistance.
- Select your move-in appointment time in the Housing Portal!
Appointment sign up is located within the “Move In Information” button.
- Your student ID provides card access to your residence hall. Without it, you cannot enter the building. Please make sure that if you are a returning student, you have your student ID with you. If you are a new student, please request a card through MyBullsPath or at the USF Card Request Site as soon as possible to make sure that it is ready when you arrive on campus.
- Pack efficiently!
Review the move-in checklist on our website for a packing list! We recommend residents do not bring large furniture or other items that would limit a speedy move-in/move-out process. If you plan to bring furniture, please pre-assemble before arrival if possible.
- Connect with your roommates, suitemates, or apartment-mates.
Communicate and coordinate what you will bring to campus. Things like printers, microwaves, refrigerators, and TVs can be shared!
- Check your insurance.
Look into your homeowner's/renter's insurance to see if it covers your belongings on campus. If not, purchase additional insurance through your company or check out these specialized options. Links are provided as examples and do not serve as an endorsement.
National Student Services Incorporated
College Student Renters Insurance
- Sign up for Alert USF Emergency Notification System.
- If you are bringing a bike to campus, review UPD tips for bike safety. The city of St. Petersburg also requires that register your bike.
- Check and read your email daily to make sure that you are updated on all USF Move-In plans.
- Attend Week of Welcome (WOW) events, a week-long USF celebration to welcome new students and returning students!
|Card Center (Student IDs)||727-873-4409|
|Dining Services/Meal Plans||813-974-4499|
|Financial Aid and Scholarships||727-873-4128|
|Office of Multicultural Affairs||727-873-4845|
|Parking & Transportation Services||727-873-4480|
|Military and Veterans Success Center||727-873-4467|
|Student Accessibility Services||727-873-4990 or 727-873-4837|
|Student Success Center||727-873-4632|
|USF St. Petersburg Campus Police||727-873-4444 (non-emergency)