Housing and Dining
Fall 2020 Move-In Information
WELCOME TO USF ST. PETERSBURG!
We can't wait for you to join us on campus this fall! Housing & Residential Education is working hard to plan a safe and successful move-in process. At this time, details of move-in are still being finalized. All current information is available on this page. Please continue to check back for updates.
WHEN IS MOVE IN / OPENING DAY?
Residence Hall Opening for fall semester will be staggered across multiple days and by appointment only.
Move-in appointment times will be available on the following days:
- Friday, August 14:
appointments available for Pelican Apartments (RHO) only
- Monday, August 17 - Friday, August 21:
appointments available for Osprey Suites (RHT) AND Pelican Apartments (RHO) only
There will be time slots from:
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m. - 12 noon
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
To ensure social distancing during move-in, there will be a limit to the number of
residents able to sign up for a certain date and time slot.
Residents will be able to select their move-in appointment time in the housing portal.
This year, we will not be approving early move in.
What health and safety measures are being implemented?
- Residents will be permitted two guests to assist with their move-in. Visitor restrictions will be lifted during a resident’s scheduled move-in appointment time to allow these guests. (See section 2.A of the Student Housing Agreement Addendum for more information about visitor restrictions.)
- No children or pets are permitted. Only certified service animals are allowed.
- To speed up your move-in, we recommend bringing your own cart(s) if possible. We will not be checking out move in carts this year.
- Residents and their move-in assistants will be expected to follow CDC guidelines and any state, county, or city orders at all times. This includes bringing and wearing personal protective equipment (face coverings and/or gloves), practicing social distancing and frequently washing hands when in the buildings.
- Residents are strongly encouraged to follow CDC social distancing guidelines when utilizing elevators. Limiting passengers is ideal. Use a covered hand or elbow to press the buttons.
What else should I know about the move-in process?
- The check-in location will be the USC.
- We recommend residents do not bring large furniture or other items that would limit a speedy move-in/move-out process. If you plan to bring furniture, please pre-assemble before arrival if possible.
- We will not be issuing the large green moving carts this year.
PARKING INFORMATION: DURING MOVE-IN
- Please review Parking and Transportation Information prior to arrival. Parking regulations are in place and enforced on the USF St.Petersburg
campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Due to move in, Parking and transportation will
make the following exceptions:
- You may park in Visitor spaces for up to 60 minutes. After 60 minutes, citations will be issued.
- Parking enforcement will be waived in lot 2/STG and Garage levels 2-5.
- Please do not park in the unloading zones longer than 30 minutes.
- Please do not park in any "Disabled Parking" space unless displaying a proper state-issued Disabled Parking placard, hangtag, or license plate.
- Please do not park in Numbered, Reserved, State Vehicle or other Labeled parking spaces.
- City streets will not be closed for move in. Please do not block traffic while moving in. Please note that the street parking is metered and requires payment to park and is enforced by the city of St. Petersburg. For reference, more information about parking downtown can be found in the Downtown St. Petersburg Guide & Map.
- Please make sure to purchase your parking permit through your Parking Portal.
Your mailbox information will be emailed to you the first week of class. We will not begin to accept packages until Monday, August 31.
USF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution. If you would like to request an accommodation for move in, we ask that you contact our office at 727-873-5101 or email@example.com at least five days before your arrival or as soon as possible.
GETTING READY TO LIVE ON CAMPUS
- Submit your application.
Complete the housing application steps to secure an assignment.
- Know your housing assignment.
Log in to the Housing Portal, select "My Account," then "My Assignments," then “View Assignments, Roommates, and Suitemates” to view your fall/spring housing assignment. This is also where your roommates/suite-mates/apartment-mates are listed. If you don't have an assignment, contact us for assistance.
- Select your move-in appointment time in the Housing Portal!
Appointment sign up is located within the “Move In Information” button.
- Your student ID provides card access to your residence hall. Without it, you cannot enter the building. Please make sure that if you are a returning student, you have your student ID with you. If you are a new student, please request a card through MyBullsPath or at the USF Card Request Site as soon as possible to make sure that it is ready when you arrive on campus.
- Get your 2020-21 Parking Permit. Order your permit online now and print the temporary permit to use until your permit arrives in the mail.
- Pack efficiently!
Review the move-in checklist on our website for a packing list!
- Connect with your roommates, suitemates, or apartment-mates.
Communicate and coordinate what you will bring to campus. Things like printers, microwaves, refrigerators, and TVs can be shared! If possible, please coordinate with your roommate to avoid selecting the same move-in date and time.
- Check your insurance.
Look into your homeowner's/renter's insurance to see if it covers your belongings on campus. If not, purchase additional insurance through your company or check out these specialized options. Links are provided as examples and do not serve as an endorsement.
National Student Services Incorporated
College Student Renters Insurance
- Sign up for Alert USF Emergency Notification System.
- If you are bringing a bike to campus, review UPD tips for bike safety. The city of St. Petersburg also requires that register your bike.
- Make sure you read the email from Dr. Puccio in Student Health Services about COVID19 testing requirements for residential students. You will not be permitted to move in to the residence halls until you have met the testing requirements.
- Check and read your email daily for updates as this will be the official communication method if there are any updates related to move in.
|Card Center (Student IDs)|
|Dining Services/Meal Plans||813-974-4499|
|Financial Aid and Scholarships||727-873-4128|
|Office of Multicultural Affairs||727-873-4845|
|Parking & Transportation Services||727-873-4480|
|Military and Veterans Success Center||727-873-4467|
|Student Accessibility Services||727-873-4990 or 727-873-4837|
|Student Success Center||727-873-4632|
|USF St. Petersburg Campus Police||727-873-4444 (non-emergency)