Housing and Dining
Summer b/AB 2022 MOVE-OUT INFORMATION
The close of the Summer semester is fast approaching and there are several important things you must complete before you leave. It is very important that you follow these procedures. If you have any questions, please contact your RA or a member of the Housing and Residential Education staff.
USF St. Petersburg HOUSING & RESIDENTIAL EDUCATION
Fall CLOSING AND CHECK-OUT INSTRUCTIONS
Residence halls close at 11:00 am on Saturday, August 6, 2022.
All residents must vacate the halls unless you are approved for break stay housing.
EXPRESS CHECK-OUT is your procedure for returning your keys and checking out of your room.
- Remove all personal belongings from room and return room to configuration that it was found in at move-in
- Once all personal belongings are removed and room has been cleaned, pick up an express check-out envelop from the RA/Front desk of your residence hall
- Place key(s) in envelope, fill out required information, sign and seal envelope and drop into the express check-out lock box located at the Osprey Hall help desk, the Pelican RA Office, or return your envelope to the housing and residence education office during business hours.
- Go Bulls!
All rooms will be inspected the week after commencement by a Room Assessment Team - a team of individuals from the residential education staff and/or facilities services staff. This is the final inspection and assessment for damages. Charges for excessive cleaning, removal of personal property, and loss or damage caused by residents are billed directly to the resident responsible. In the event that two or more residents occupy the same room or suite and it cannot be ascertained which resident is responsible for the damage, the assessment is made against both or all equally.
- DO RETURN YOUR KEYS IN THE EXPRESS CHECK-OUT ENVELOPE.
- Do Not slide your keys under a staff member’s door.
- Do Not give your keys to someone else to return.
- Do Not leave your keys in your room.
*Keys not returned appropriately will result in a re-keying and lock change charge.
- Do not hand in your student ID card.
If you are discarding large items like rugs, personal furniture, boxes, large trash
bags…PLEASE take these items to the dumpster.
Please DO NOT leave trash in the hallways.
The residence halls do NOT provide any storage.
If you have additional questions about check-out, please contact your RA or reply to this email email@example.com.