Housing and Dining
SPRING 2021 MOVE-OUT INFORMATION
The close of the spring semester is fast approaching and there are several important things you must complete before you leave. It is very important that you follow these procedures. If you have any questions, please contact your RA or a member of the Housing and Residential Education staff.
USF St. Petersburg HOUSING & RESIDENTIAL EDUCATION
SPRING CLOSING AND CHECK-OUT INSTRUCTIONS
Residence halls close at 11:00 am on Friday, May 7, 2021.
EXPRESS CHECK-OUT is your procedure for returning your keys and checking out of your room.
- Remove all personal belongings from room and return room to configuration that it was found in at move-in
- Once all personal belongings are removed and room has been cleaned, pick up an express check-out envelop from the RA/Front desk of your residence hall
- Place key(s) in envelope, fill out required information, sign and seal envelope and drop into the express check-out lock box located at the Osprey Hall help desk, the Pelican RA Office, or return your envelope to the housing and residence education office during business hours.
- Enjoy your Summer! Go Bulls!
All rooms will be inspected the week after commencement by a Room Assessment Team - a team of individuals from the residential education staff and/or facilities services staff. This is the final inspection and assessment for damages. Charges for excessive cleaning, removal of personal property, and loss or damage caused by residents are billed directly to the resident responsible. In the event that two or more residents occupy the same room or suite and it cannot be ascertained which resident is responsible for the damage, the assessment is made against both or all equally.
WHAT HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES ARE BEING IMPLEMENTED FOR MOVE OUT?
- Residents will be permitted two guests to assist with their move-out.
- No children or pets are permitted. Only certified service animals are allowed.
- To speed up your move-out, we recommend bringing your own cart(s) if needed. We will not be checking out move out carts this year.
- Residents and their move-out assistants will be expected to follow CDC guidelines and any state, county, or city orders at all times. This includes bringing and wearing personal protective equipment (face coverings and/or gloves), practicing social distancing and frequently washing hands when in the buildings.
- Residents are strongly encouraged to follow CDC social distancing guidelines when utilizing elevators. Limiting passengers is ideal. Use a covered hand or elbow to press the buttons.
- DO RETURN YOUR KEYS IN THE EXPRESS CHECK-OUT ENVELOPE.
- Do Not slide your keys under a staff member’s door.
- Do Not give your keys to someone else to return.
- Do Not leave your keys in your room.
*Keys not returned appropriately will result in a re-keying and lock change charge.
- Do not hand in your student ID card.
If you kept your bicycle in the RHO/USC/OSP bike coral, please be sure to remove your bike and take it with you. Any bicycles left in the racks over summer will be removed and disposed of.
If you are discarding large items like rugs, personal furniture, boxes, large trash
bags…PLEASE take these items to the dumpster.
Please DO NOT leave trash in the hallways.
The residence halls do NOT provide any summer storage.
RETURNING IN THE FALL
We will likely be facilitating fall move in by appointment only. Please check your
USF email and the housing website for more information about fall move in.
If you have additional questions about check-out, please contact your RA or reply to this email email@example.com.
Good luck on finals and have a wonderful summer!