Planning & Construction
The Facilities Planning and Construction staff provides high-quality campus facility master planning and construction services throughout the University. We are responsible for planning, designing and constructing fixed assets including new and existing buildings, sustainable infrastructure, furnishings and utility equipment.
You may request a project by utilizing the Space Impact Request Form. Your request can be submitted to Facilities Planning & Construction throughout the year allowing ample time for planning and pricing your project while also avoiding last-minute requests, which are difficult to fulfill on short notice.
BUILDING CODE PERMIT PROCESS
Building Code Administration Program provides Construction Permitting Services on all University projects.
DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION GUIDELINES AND STANDARDS
All USF Facilities Design and Construction Guidelines & Standards.
Working to reduce our environmental impact while enhancing opportunities for our student-body, our surrounding communities, and the local economy.
Visit Facilities Planning and Construction – USF Tampa for more information regarding the following:
- Design & Construction Guidelines
- CAD & BIM Guidelines & Standards
- Cost Containment Guide (CCG)
- Building Code Administration (BCA)
- Building Code Administration Permitting Process
- Professional Services Guide (PSG)
- USF Project Manual (UPM)
- Construction Administration Guide (CAG)
- Minor Projects Guide (MPG)
- Direct Owner Purchase Order (DOPO)
- Project Management Guide (PMG)
MASTER PLAN AND CONTINUING SERVICES
USF ST. PETERSBURG MASTER PLAN
CONTINUING SERVICES SELECTION PROCESS
The University of South Florida St. Petersburg announces that continuing construction management services are required for the following discipline: Architect (Up to 3) (St. Petersburg Campus with the ability to include other campuses as required)
- Request for Qualifications (Updated 06/26/2017)
- Notice of Meetings – TBD
USF St. Petersburg
Facilities Planning and Construction
100 7th Avenue South, Terrace 100
St. Petersburg, FL, 33701
MISSION AND VISION
The mission of Facilities Planning & Construction is to provide effective planning, holistic design and management oversight for all campus construction projects; to oversee the long-range master plan and campus environment; and to plan for future sustainable growth of the campus to minimize our environmental footprint all while accommodating enrollment and academic program changes.
- Serve as the University’s source for planning, information, recommendations, and action essential for the successful development and operation of the campus.
- Create and sustain outstanding campus built environments with a team firmly committed to working at the highest professional level.
- Be model stewards for the environment by pursuing projects that focus on sustainable infrastructure and cause no harm to surrounding ecosystems.
- Build, operate, and maintain the infrastructure essential to support campus functions and growth.