For motorist assistance to jump-start your car on the St. Petersburg campus call (727)
This complementary service is provided from 8:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M., Mon-Fri (except holidays). We have prioritized this service so that response times are under 15 minutes and with few exceptions no more than 30 minutes.
If you have locked yourself out of your vehicle, and you are a member of an automobile club such as AAA, please call them for service.
If you are not a member of an automobile club, call the University Police at (727) 873-4444. Ask the dispatcher to contact a local locksmith for you.
If you feel unsafe while you are waiting for the locksmith service to arrive, please ask the dispatcher to send a parking enforcement specialist, or a police officer to wait with you until help arrives.
For after-hours emergencies or safety issues, contact University Police at (727) 873-4444.
- Lock your vehicle when you park and do not leave the key inside the vehicle.
- Don’t leave your vehicle unattended with the motor running.
- Don’t leave money or valuables in your vehicle where they can be seen.
- Call University Police Services for evening escort to your vehicle call (727) 873-4444.
- Keep your keys in your hand when entering or leaving your vehicle.
- Be aware of your surroundings when entering or leaving your vehicle.
- Use the emergency phones provided in the parking lots to contact police in the event of an emergency.