YOU CAN SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT BY CALLING (727) 873-4422 (OPTION 1) OR YOU CAN REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT TIME ONLINE.*
*Link will take you to USF Health main webpage. Select USF St. Petersburg for location.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WELLNESS CENTER WILL NOW BE ASSESSING A $20 FEE FOR MISSING PSYCHIATRY AND NUTRITION APPOINTMENTS. PLEASE BE AWARE YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT NO LATER THAN 24 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TO AVOID THE CANCELLATION FEE.
Any registered USF St. Petersburg student is eligible to obtain health care services at the Wellness Center. Services include:
- After-hours nurse advice line
- Women’s health, including pap smears and Well Woman’s exams
- Men’s health, including physicals, reproductive and sexual health services, and consultations
- Contraception services (e.g., Nuvaring, IUD insertion/removal, Nexplanon insertions/removals, Depo injections, oral contraceptives)
- Evaluation and treatment of minor acute illnesses, like strains, aches, stomach issues, etc.
- Flu shots
- Management of chronic illnesses, like high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, etc.
- Nutrition services: We are now offering limited nutritional services to USF St. Petersburg students. Students must schedule a consultation with a provider for referral to dietitian. For students, with or without insurance: all nutrition appointments will include a $10 fee. Do you have issues regarding payment? Contact our front desk.
- Sports physical exams
- Prescriptions (we do not have a pharmacy on campus)
- Referrals to specialty care
- Sexually transmitted infection testing
- Let us help you quit smoking and tobacco use!
In order to be seen by a health-care provider, it is preferable for you to make an appointment, but we also offer walk-in appointments for urgent medical concerns. Remember to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment or you might have to be rescheduled.
THE CENTER CANNOT PROVIDE EXCUSED ABSENCES FOR MEDICAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL ILLNESSES. WE DO NOT ACCEPT WORKERS COMP.
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE WELLNESS CENTER TO NOT PRESCRIBE CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES AND/OR STIMULANT MEDICATION, UNLESS SUPPORTED BY APPROPRIATE DOCUMENTATION AND PSYCHIATRIST APPROVAL.
After Hours Care
If you have a medical concern and the Wellness Center is closed, speak with the Nurse Advice Line by calling 727-873-4422 (option 1). USF St. Petersburg and the Wellness Center do not provide ambulance services. In case of a medical emergency, call 911. If your medical condition cannot wait until the center is open, visit a nearby walk-in clinic or hospital. If a student chooses to seek services with an affiliated physician, they are responsible for all charges incurred.
Walk In Clinics
AFC Urgent Care
1530 4th St. North
St Petersburg, FL 33704
CVS Minute Clinic
8001 9th St. North
Saint Petersburg , FL 33702
Walgreens Take Care Clinic
3851 4th St. North
Saint Petersburg, FL 33703
Signature Urgent Care
120 2nd Street South
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701
Bayfront Medical Center
701 6th Street South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
St. Anthony’s Health Care
1200 7th Avenue North
St. Petersburg, FL 33705
All Children’s Hospital
801 6th Street South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701