Workshops are offered by Dr. Dixon.
The Geo-Spatial Analytics Lab at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg campus is pleased to offer professional training workshops in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing. Participants will learn how to use ESRI products such as ArcGIS Pro™, and ArcGIS Desktop™ including ArcMap™, ArcCatalog™, and ArcToolbox™ unless otherwise specified. We also offer special Google Earth Pro workshops. Please review individual workshop flyer(s) to confirm the software that will be used. Some workshops are offered as hybrid between ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro, some are offered only with ArcGIS Pro and some only with ArcGIS Desktop.
These workshops are offered by is Dr. Barnali Dixon, a professor at USF St. Petersburg
campus and combine hands-on experience with lectures to develop full appreciation
of the content. We offer both Instructor-led and self-paced workshops. A list of workshop along with the scope of each workshop can be found below. For
custom workshops please contact Dr. Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The workshops will be offered throughout the year, so please check our schedule for updates. We also can customize our services to a particular skill or need, so please ask if you require something specific that you don’t see offered (i.e., criminology applications, ArcHydro, etc.). The key lecturer is Dr. Barnali Dixon, a professor at USF St. Petersburg campus. It is important to follow a sequence such as Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced workshop.
Upcoming Workshop Dates
These workshops are offered in both formats simultaneously - i.e. in-person and virtual. Please email Bdixon@usf.edu if you want to attend in virtual format.
Workshop schedule for Fall
(Access to software will be required.)
- August 12 & 13: Beginner GIS 2-Day
- August 17 & 18: Intermediate GIS 2-Day
- August 19 & 20: Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro Beginner (NEW Workshop) 2-Day
- Sep 13 & 14: Getting to know ArcGIS Pro Intermediate (NEW Workshop) 2-Day
- Sep 20 & 21: Beginner GIS 2-Day
- Sep 27 & 28: Water Resources Applications of GIS Level I (NEW Workshop) 2-Day
- Nov 8 & 9: Water Resources Applications of GIS Level II (NEW workshop) 2-Day
- Getting to know ArcGIS Pro Beginner
- Getting to know ArcGIS Pro Intermediate
- Water Resources Applications of GIS Level I
- Water Resources Applications of GIS Level II
- Water Resources Applications of GIS Level III (Advanced)
- Workshop: GIS for Human Terrain
- Application of Google Earth Pro
- Business Applications of GIS
- Integration of GIS for Infrastructure
GEOSPATIAL TECHNOLOGY COURSES
Dr. Dixon also offers Semester Long courses both in person and Distance Learning Format. Example of course syllabus can be found below. These courses can be taken by non-degree seeking or degree seeking students.