Green Energy Fund
The SGEF Committee is responsible for approving and allocating funds for sustainability projects on campus proposed by students, faculty or staff.
To apply for funding, you must meet at least one of the following criteria;
- Actively enrolled USF St. Petersburg student
- USF St. Petersburg faculty
- USF St. Petersburg staff
- USF St. Petersburg registered student organization
NOTE: You do not have to be a SGEF member to apply for project funding
SGEF accepts project proposals in the following two categories:
- CATEGORY 1: Reduce the university’s greenhouse gas emissions, waste, and/or energy costs.
- CATEGORY 2: Proposals with indirect impact on the university’s greenhouse gas emission may be considered for approval by the committee but should not exceed 10% of the overall budget per fiscal year. The indirect project categories as listed by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) are Education, Research, Campus Education and Public Education.