Green Energy Fund
SGEF Committee is responsible for approving and allocating the green funds to sustainability projects proposed by USF St. Petersburg Students, Faculty or Staff.
To apply for funding, you must meet at least one of the following criteria;
- Actively enrolled USF St. Petersburg Student
- USF St. Petersburg Faculty
- USF St. Petersburg Staff
- USF St. Petersburg Registered Student Organization
NOTE: You do not have to be a SGEF member to apply for project funding
During the academic year, there will be two Requests for Proposals (RFPs) - one for Fall and one for Spring. The RFPs apply to projects with an estimated cost greater than or equal to $5,000 with publicized proposal deadlines.
The first date for projects to be voted on is November 1st and the second date is
April 1st. These dates are subject to change at the discretion of the SGEF Chair and
Proposals under $5,000 may be submitted at any time and may be recommended for funding.
Note: A majority of voting members must approve projects above $5,000 submitted outside of the defined funding cycles.
SGEF accepts project proposals in the following two categories:
- CATEGORY 1: Reduce the university’s greenhouse gas emissions, waste, and/or energy costs.
- CATEGORY 2: Proposals with indirect impact on the university’s greenhouse gas emission may be considered for approval by the committee but should not exceed 10% of the overall budget per fiscal year. The indirect project categories as listed by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) are Education, Research, Campus Education and Public Education.