Green Energy Fund
There is not standard format for proposal documents. All proposal should however comply with the following criteria.
Required Criteria for Proposals
- Proposals must reduce the university’s greenhouse gas emissions, waste, resource use and/or energy costs.
- Proposals must include a mechanism for measurement and verification of results, including any applicable kWh reductions and greenhouse gas emissions reductions.
- All relevant university paperwork (i.e. Space Impact Request) must be completed and approved.
- All proposed projects must have immediate application (i.e. cannot be “pure” research).
- Project investigators must investigate internal/external funding matches or cost sharing opportunities (fees, grants, etc.).
- Proposals must include a value analysis that estimates a return on investment (ROI) and cost savings realized by the institution.
- Proposals must include a value analysis that can be integrated and realized by the institution into the Green Revolving Fund.
- Proposals must include a plan for sustaining the project after the budget period has ended.
Preferred Criteria for Proposals
- Project management teams should be collaborative, involving faculty/staff and students.
- Projects should enhance student engagement and learning opportunities and contribute to institutional sustainability.
- Proposals should show alignment with the USF St. Petersburg's Strategic Plan, Master Plan, and Climate Action Plan.
- Projects should measure and monitor any potential savings derived from the project, and report upon those savings.
- Preference will be given to projects that can use revolving paybacks (i.e. the fund is paid back through energy savings)