To raise the graduation rate for all students, who have lived foster care experiences, through intentional care coordination by strengthen their existing resilience, increasing their independent living skills, and coordinate supports for academic success. USF Pearls program is a "go-to" support for each student pursuing a degree at USF.
Provide intentional programming focused on academic success, independent living skill development, leadership skills, community connections, healthy boundaries, positive relationship building. We assist all emerging youth and ensure an equitable experience and access to success for each Pearl.
USF Pearls is a program designed and created for students emerging from the foster-care system. The USF Pearls program aims to close the degree attainment gap for these motivated and talented students by providing intentional supportive coaching.
USF Pearls services are inclusive to all USF students that have lived within the foster care system.
The USF Pearls program is a ONE USF office.
WHAT WE DO
- Provide skill-building focused student-activities
- Care coordination in individual and group formats
- A holistic approach that is student-centered and strength-based.
- Provide member-exclusive events and programming with set learning objectives for each Pearl.
- Mentorship with faculty and staff with similar interests and preferred and desired personality traits.