The SOS team intentionally collaborates with students and professional partners to optimize individual health and wellbeing to increase student success.
SOS aims to increase student success access thorough high-level personalized engagement with individual students and the campus community.
The office of Student Outreach & Support (SOS) at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg campus, is a student-first direct care management team that supports students in managing stress that impacts their academics and overall health and wellness. SOS case managers:
- Meet with students to;
- identify strengths and needs
- assess for risk or threats
- understand the students perspective for advocacy
- Collaborate with students to develop an action plan for success. This plan can include;
- coordinating referral linkage with appropriate on/off campus support services
- letters of support
- professor communication
The primary goal of support from our office is assist the student in midgating stress that restricts their full potential while fostering individual growth and self-advocacy.
The office of Student Outreach and Support is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To speak to a member of our staff, please contact us via phone, email, or Microsoft Teams:
Piano Man Building, 101
701 3rd Street South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701