Policies & Technology Purchasing
POLICIES, STANDARDS, AND PROCEDURES
Information Systems and Information Technology are a vital component of the instruction, learning, and administrative functions of a university. Information is progressively delivered in new and innovated methods that require the latest technology. Policies and standards are critical to ensuring that the technology needs of the university are met. We adhere to all policies, standards, and procedures set by USF and all State of Florida laws.
- USF Technology Policies
- USF Acceptable Use Policy
- USF IT Procedures and Standards
- Computer-Related Crimes – Florida Statue: Title XLVI, Chapter 815
USF ST. PETERSBURG CAMPUS COMPUTING STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES
In addition to the above policies, standards, and procedures, the Office of Campus Computing has established standards and procedures that allow us to provide service and support to all of the students, faculty, and staff at USF ST. Petersburg. The following section contains these standards and procedures. Compliance to the standards posted in this section is required by all USF St. Petersburg entities.
BUILDING AND PHYSICAL SECURITY
- Request Building and Room Access Control for Key (Proxy) Cards Procedure
Procedure regarding how to purchase a proxy card for building and room access. Applicable to Staff, Faculty, Adjunct, and Student Workers.
- USF St. Petersburg Proxy Card Installation Standard (.pdf)
This document will be used when adding new card readers by the contractor.
USF ST. PETERSBURG COMMUNICATION STANDARDS (PHONES AND FAXING)
- USF St. Petersburg Supported Hardware Standards (.pdf)
Check to see if your computer is still supported by USF St. Petersburg Campus Computing
- Off-Campus University Computers Procedure (.pdf)
- Off-Campus Property Permit (.pdf)
- Computer Disposal Procedure (.pdf)
Support can only be provided for computers until the device’s end-of-life date. And at the device’s end-of-life date, proper disposal of the equipment is required.
NETWORK AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- USF St. Petersburg Network Wiring Standards (.pdf)
A copy of these specifications is required to be on every job site
- USF St. Petersburg Network Security Guidelines (.pdf)
- USF St. Petersburg Wireless Network Standards (.pdf)
Technology purchased and used on the USF St. Petersburg campus must meet the guidelines set by USF. Prior to purchasing technology for university use, USF St. Petersburg organizational units should review the below documents. Departments are responsible for making purchasing decisions based on these standards.
- USF Computer Store USF St. Petersburg employees will find the Dell computers approved for purchase on the USF St. Petersburg campus in the “St. Pete IT Recommended & Support Dell” section on the computer store homepage.
- USF St. Petersburg Technology Purchasing Standards (.pdf) This standard specifies how to differentiate standard technology purchases from those requiring special approval from USF St. Petersburg Campus Computing.
- USF IT Resource Purchasing Standards and Thresholds Document (ISSP-022) (.pdf) This document outlines how to differentiate standard purchases from those requiring special approval outline by USF Tampa IT.
Please contact Marisa Isenberg Guy at 873-4345 for information on submitting a Technology Exception Request.