Purpose & Impact
The COMPASS Student Experience is a campus-wide initiative that supports students through their transition at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg campus, to ensure they develop and maintain personal and academic goals. The program brings together people, programs and resources to provide students with an exceptional experience on campus in order to create the foundation of their success and anchor them at the university.
The mission of the Compass Student Experience Office is to facilitate the transition of undergraduate students to the University of South Florida St. Petersburg campus through intentional, individualized support and direction as students navigate towards their desired potential.
The vision for COMPASS is that all students at USF St. Petersburg campus will embrace their identity as members of the community while successfully engaging in and out of the classroom to complete their degree programs.
The areas within our office commit to:
- Valuing and respecting individual identities and lived experiences of our community
- Empowering and training caring staff and student leaders who promote a sense of belonging and acceptance within USF
- Advancing the knowledge and partnerships that exist in our campus community
- Welcoming, celebrating, and respecting our students and their families
COMPASS in the NEWS
University Students Flock to New USF Pen Pal Program During Social Distancing
COMPASS Highlights & Awards:
- 2020 USF Hero- Meredith Mechanik
- 2019-2020 Outstanding New Program: "You Totally Rocky’ed Last Semester”
- 2019-2020 Unsung Hero Staff Award: Antonia Robinson
- 2018-2019 University of South Florida St. Petersburg campus Outstanding Team Award
- 2018-2019 Outstanding Staff Award: Carolina Nutt
- 2018-2019 Outstanding Staff Award: Brandi Arnold
- 2017-2018 Unsung Hero Staff Award: Carolina Nutt