Looking for an internship?
The Career Center manages partnerships with many local and national employers to offer
our students a wide range of part-and full-time opportunities. All full-time, part-time
or internship opportunities are hosted in our online job database Handshake.
If you’d like to explore other job boards, visit our Career Center Resource Library
Internships provide valuable career-related experience and a chance to test out your career choice. They typically require a one-semester commitment, and may continue until graduation if acceptable to both employer and student. Internships may be paid or unpaid, and the option to earn academic credit.
The Career Center has created a Job & Internship Search Guide for Students to learn the basics of an internships and how to find one. We are available to assist you throughout the internship search process.
Internships can be found through the Career Center via:
- Handshake Job Board-make sure your profile is up to date and includes your current resume.
- Drop-Ins –virtual drop-in help is offered daily from 2-5pm via Teams
- By Appointment –schedule a virtual appointment with a career coach via Handshake, or by request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org phone 727-873-4129
- Career Fairs & Events –for a complete list of upcoming events & for registration visit Handshake or follow us on Instagram @ usfspcareers
- Parker Dewey for project based, short-term opportunities
- The Washington Center
Employers interested in a student intern from USF St. Petersburg, we can help.
Get academic credit for your internship with the all majors internship course. The Career Center offers an internship elective course for students in any major –IDS 3947. The benefits of the internship course include:
- Having your internship on your transcripts
- Developing transferrable essential skills that can help you build and launch your career
- Feedback to support your growth as a professional
- A campus resource if/when you need support during your internship
IDS 3947 - Cooperative Internship – Course details:
- Can be taken for 0-6 credits and repeated for up to 6 credits (the 0 credit option is helpful when the internship is unpaid)
- Can be used for internships that are on or off campus and for global internships
- Credits may serve as elective credit and do not count as "excess" credits
- Available on regular or alternate course schedules, so if your internship starts after add/drop, you can still enroll!
If you would like to register for the IDS 3947 Internship Course, your first step is to request a permit by completing this online form. Click here to get started!
For academic credit within your major, check with your academic advisor or the contacts below:
USF St. Petersburg Campus College of Arts & Science
- Catherine Koziol –Internship Coordinator email@example.com or (727) 873-4176
USF St. Petersburg Campus Kate Tiedemann School of Business and Finance
- Sheree Coote –Internship Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 873-4257
- Jill Brown (Accounting) - email@example.com
USF St. Petersburg Campus College of Education