Alumni Career Services are designed to assist in the development of career and job search strategies critical for today’s job market. As a USF alumnus, you are welcome to utilize Career Services to assist you with career transitions, planning and implementing career goals and conducting a self-directed job search. Although Alumni Career Services includes access to current employment opportunities and participation in venues in which to connect with employers, it is not designed to be an employment or “placement” service.
Career Services and resources are only available to current USF students and alumni with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Non-USF alumni should contact their alma mater to determine what alumni career services are available.
If you have any questions, please contact the USF St. Petersburg Campus Career Services at 727-873-4129.
There are various events that are always open to USF Alumni. Visit our website for dates, times and locations.
Handshake – is our online career management system which connects you with local, state, and national employers interested in hiring University of South Florida students and alumni.Establishing a Handshake account allows you to:
• Maintain a profile that recommends jobs, events, and employers to you as you build
• Upload your resume and use it to build out your profile information
• Submit your resume for employment opportunities posted by employers
• Apply for and schedule on-campus interviews with employers seeking alumni candidates
• Follow and favorite employers and jobs to get alerts about new opportunities
• View all of our upcoming fairs and events and see which employers will be attending
• Receive announcements about employer information sessions or special career events
Handshake access is free for alumni. Alumni after April 2017 have a Hanshake account. If you have issues logging in or need to request an account be created please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name (as of graduation),graduation month and year, and either U# or USF NetID.
Need to freshen up your interviewing skills? We're happy to offer free on-demand access to Big Interview to all USF alumni.
Big Interview is an interviewing tool that has a huge interview question bank related to position, industry, or skill. Use access code 2088 when signing up for free USF alumni access.
NETWORK AND EMPLOYMENT SOURCES
The USF Alumni Association may have great venues in which to network with other USF alumni along with special discounts and events exclusively for USF alumni. Membership in the USF Alumni Association also give you ‘member-only’ access to career resources such as CareerBeam and Going Global.
A new resource provided by the Association that is available to all USF Alumni is Alumni Agent. A resource that connects USF alumni with companies specifically interested in hiring USF alumni: Bulls hiring Bulls.
- Career Source Pinellas – Develops and leads an effective, efficient and integrated business driven workforce system, providing comprehensive and responsive services to the County’s citizens and business community.
- USDOL (U.S. Department of Labor) – This site provides a variety of information and services the Department of Labor (DOL) offers job seekers including Job & Training Information, Layoff Resources and Employment Data.
- Chambers of Commerce – Membership Directories include a list of local employers
- Entrepreneurs – Resources for starting a business