Alumni Career Services are designed to assist in the development of career and job search strategies critical for today’s job market. As a USF alumnus, you are welcome to utilize Career Center services and meet with a staff member to assist you with career transitions, planning and implementing career goals and conducting a self-directed job search. Although Alumni Career Services includes access to current employment opportunities and participation in venues in which to connect with employers, it is not designed to be an employment or “placement” service.
Career services and resources are only available to current USF students and alumni with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Non-USF alumni should contact their alma mater to determine what alumni career services are available.
If you have any questions, please contact the USF St. Petersburg Career Center at 727-873-4129.
There are various events that are always open to USF Alumni. Visit our website for dates, times and locations.
- Career Fairs – provide a venue to meet with various employers to discuss employment opportunities
- Employer Information Sessions – company representative hold information sessions to provide an overview of their organization and answer questions.
- Alumni are invited to information sessions when the employer has indicated an interest in hiring alumni.
Online resources, workshops and materials on our website.
Available to alumni beyond 1 year after graduation.
- Resume Critique: $25 – Initial review of resume with feedback provided from by a Career Consultant (available in person, via phone, or email). The email service includes 1 initial review with suggestions and 1 follow-up review to oversee updates.
- Career Coaching: 1 Session – $25 or 3 Session Package – $60 – Provides alumni with a one-hour block of time to discuss topics including but not limited to: career planning, job search, self-directed job search techniques, career field research, interview techniques/formal mock interview, and continuing education (available in person, via phone, or skype).
- Career Assessments: $25
Complementary access to our online jobs database Handshake is provided with the purchase of one or more of the services above.
- If you only require access to Handshake without the purchase of one of the above services, a fee of $50 grants access for approximately 6 months (Note: Handshake includes part-time, internships, and entry-level full time job postings).
**Due to all campuses utilizing the same career services platform, (Handshake) alumni are only allowed access to their home campus system. Please contact your respective Career Services office to gain access if you are not a USF St. Petersburg alum.
Alumni status will be confirmed and pre-payment is required before delivery of Alumni Career Services. Service Fees are taxable which are included in pricing. Please be aware that these fees entitle you to services only at the USF St. Petersburg Career Center. If you want to access alumni career services from another USF campus, contact their Career Center for their policies and fees.
Online: We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Check (E-check) for online payments.
In-Person: If you prefer to pay by Cash, please stop by the Career Center to obtain a cash payment form to process with the Cashier’s Office.
If you have any questions, please contact the Career Center at 727-873-4129.
NETWORK AND EMPLOYMENT SOURCES
The USF Alumni Association may have great venues in which to network with other USF alumni along with special discounts and events exclusively for USF alumni. Membership in the USF Alumni Association also give you ‘member-only’ access to career resources such as CareerBeam and Going Global.
NOTE: the Career Center’s Alumni Career Service Program fee is a separate fee from the USF Alumni Association fee for membership.
A new resource provided by the Association that is available to all USF Alumni is Alumni Agent. A resource that connects USF alumni with companies specifically interested in hiring USF alumni: Bulls hiring Bulls.
- Career Source Pinellas – Develops and leads an effective, efficient and integrated business driven workforce system, providing comprehensive and responsive services to the County’s citizens and business community.
- USDOL (U.S. Department of Labor) – This site provides a variety of information and services the Department of Labor (DOL) offers job seekers including Job & Training Information, Layoff Resources and Employment Data.
- Chambers of Commerce – Membership Directories include a list of local employers
- Entrepreneurs – Resources for starting a business