Work and Training
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY SERVICES
We provide many services, to include site reviews, walkthroughs, safety assessments, training courses and safety oriented consultations. USF St. Petersburg Safety & Compliance Division works together with the USF-Tampa Environmental Health & Safety department to provide these services.
Contact 727-873-4216 for more information or to schedule training.
USF St. Petersburg Training
The below are offerings on campus at USF St. Petersburg.
- Forklift Operator
- Man Lift Operator
- Armed Intruder – See University Police Department
- CPR/AED/First Aid
- Tractor / Backhoe Operator
- Hazard Response
- Building Captain- See Emergency Management
- Hand Tool Safety
- Hazmat Safety
- Fire Safety – See Fire Safety
- Fire Extinguisher Use – See Fire Safety
- Golf Cart Operator
- Zika Awareness and Mosquito Mitigation
- Laboratory Safety – See Labs
- Emergency Management Training – See Emergency Management
USF Tampa Training
- USF Tampa Environmental Health and Safety provides a training matrix of research and lab related safety requirements and guidelines. Training is available online and in person.
ADA COMPATIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE
- Disability accommodation for USF St. Petersburg students
- Accommodation and labor relations for USF St. Petersburg employees
The ability of an individual to work safely and efficiently influences the progress and accomplishments obtained by the organization of a whole. Ergonomics is the study of those adjustments or functional designs that are implemented to facilitate a safe and efficient work environment.
Contact USF Tampa Environmental Health And Safety for an assessment or more information.
USF St. Petersburg SMOKING POLICY
USF St. Petersburg is a tobacco and smoke free campus. Tobacco use, distribution, or sale, including, but not limited to smoking and chewing is prohibited. This policy covers all buildings, property, and grounds where USF St. Petersburg business is conducted. Faculty, staff, students, vendors and visitors are not allowed to use any tobacco products within this area. There are no designated smoking areas on campus. All attendees at public events, such as conferences, meetings, public lectures, social events and cultural events using USF St. Petersburg facilities are required to abide by this policy. Organizers of such events are responsible both for communicating this policy to attendees, and for its enforcement.