Computer Labs and Printing
Open-use computer labs provide students access to computers, university licensed software, and printing services. Your USF NetID may be required to log into lab computers. Computer labs are intended only for currently enrolled students with a USF Net ID. Computer labs are located in multiple locations on the USF St. Petersburg campus and virtual computing is also available.
Student printing stations are located in “open-use” computer labs across the USF St. Petersburg campus. Students are given a daily allocation of $2.50 for their printing needs. After that allocation has been used, students can continue to print using their Student ID and their Bull Buck$ account.
COMPUTER LAB AND PRINTING LOCATIONS
USF ST. PETERSBURG INFORMATION COMMONS
Located on the first floor of the Nelson Poynter Memorial Library.
Students may use their Bull Buck$ account to print at this location. View print costs.
Students can use their daily free printing allocation for Black and White prints only.
Color printing is also available at this location at a cost of 22 cents per page.
DEBBIE NYE SEMBLER STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER
- Located in Davis Hall (DAV 107).
- Black and white only printing is available.
- Students can use their daily free printing allocation and Bull Buck$ at this location.
CAMPUS COMPUTING BAY 226
- No printing at this location
- Scanners are available.
USF St. Petersburg VIRTUAL COMPUTER LAB
The USF St. Petersburg Virtual Computer Lab provides access to university licensed applications from virtual desktops running “in the cloud.” These virtual desktops will run on your personal computer or device from on and off campus. A VMware Horizon client is required to connect to the virtual desktops. A USF VPN client is required to connect to the virtual desktops from off campus.
- Go to Download VMware Horizon Clients.
- Locate the client for your device (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android) and click
on the “Go to Downloads” link.
- For Windows 7 devices, select the “VMware Horizon Client for 32-bit Windows” or “VMware Horizon Client for 64-bit Windows”. Do NOT select the client download with the Local Mode Option. Learn how to determine if your Windows device is running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
- For Windows 8 devices, select the “VMware Horizon Client for Windows Store”.
- For Mac OSX devices, select the “VMware Horizon Client for Mac”.
For iOS devices (iPads), select the “VMware Horizon Client for iOS”.
- For Android devices, we recommend selecting the “VMware Horizon Client for Android
in the Google Play Store” for most devices. Kindle users can download from the Amazon
Confirm that you selected the correct client for your device (under the Product/Details section) and then click the “Download” button.
- Confirm that you selected the correct client for your device (under the Product/Details section) and then click the “Download” button.
2. INSTALL AND CONFIGURE
Connect to a USF wireless network or to a USF St. Petersburg Residence Hall wired
network. If you are installing the client from off-campus you need to login to the
USF network using the USF VPN.
Install the client you downloaded from the VMware Horizon Clients.
Configure the VMware Horizon client by adding a new Horizon Connection server:
Server Address: https://vlabcs.usfsp.edu
Use your USF NetID to log in.
Operating Specific Installation and Configuration Instructions
- The Windows Store will automatically open to the VMware Horizon App. Click the Install button.
- When the installation completes go to the Tile screen and type VMware Horizon to locate and open the application.
- Click or tap on the Add Server button.
- Enter the host name of the View Connection Server as: https://vlabcs.usfsp.edu and then click or tap the Connect button.
- On the Server Login screen enter your NetID and password and make sure the domain is “Forest.” Click or tap on the Login button.
- You will then see the list of available desktops that you can access from your device. Click or tap on the desktop icon that you would like to use.
- After the VMware Horizon Client has been downloaded, “Open” or “Run” the file.
- The VMware Horizon Client Setup program will launch. Click Next to begin the installation.
- Accept the terms of the License Agreement and then click Next.
- On the Custom Setup screen, click on the Log in as current user icon and select Entire feature will be unavailable. Click Next.
- Enter the default Horizon Connection server as https://vlabcs.usfsp.edu and then click Next.
- You can create shortcuts for the VMware Horizon Client on your desktop and/or Start Menu Programs folder. Click Next after you have made your selection(s).
- The installation program will now be ready to install the VMware Horizon Client. Click the Install button. Allow a few minutes for the installation to run.
- When the installation completes click Finish. Note: A restart of your device may be required to launch the VMware Horizon client.
- After restarting your device, locate the VMware Horizon Client in your Start Menu and open the application.
- Double click on the vlabcs.usfsp.edu button to connect to the server.
- Enter your NetID and password and make sure the domain is “Forest” and then click the Login button.
- You will then see the list of available desktops that you can access from your device. Click on the desktop icon that you would like to use.
Originally written for iOS 7
- The Apple App Store will automatically open to the VMware Horizon Client App. Tap on the FREE button to download and install the App on your device.
- When the App has completed downloading and installing you can tap OPEN from the App page in the App Store or close the App Store and tap on the Horizon App located on your screen.
- The first time this App is opened, you will be prompted to enter the Server Address. Enter https://vlabcs.usfsp.edu. You can optionally enter a Description (such as USF St. Petersburg Virtual Computer Lab). When finished click on the Add Server button.
- Once the server has been added, you will be prompted to enter the username and password required to log on. Enter your NetID and password and make sure the domain is “Forest.” Then click the Login button to continue.
- You will see the list of available desktops that you can access from your device. Tap on the desktop icon that you would like to use.