In addition to the Faculty/Staff Calendar, one way to stay informed of announcements and information about your colleagues and upcoming university activities is to subscribe to the HARBORSIDE-NEWS listserv.
This is an extra email-based tool to keep you connected and “in the know” at USF St. Petersburg campus. Harborside-News is an ideal way to inform the campus immediately of:
- business-related information
- search committee meetings and candidate visitations
- seminars, workshops, and trainings
- upcoming USF community activities
- urgent USF St. Petersburg campus information
Please note that Harborside-News is not:
- an open forum for discussion
for personal advertisements or to discuss or conduct non-University business
- a forum for personal opinions
- Do not post commercial messages or solicitations of any kind whether on behalf of an individual or entity.
- Contact people directly with information you believe would help them.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Include a specific and concise topic in the subject line. This allows others to respond appropriately and search the archives by subject.
- Messages such as “thank you” or “please send me information” should be sent to individuals, not the entire list.
- Administrative messages should be sent to the list administrator, Lisa Pablos. This includes messages such as “remove me from the list” or “please change my e-mail address”.
We strongly encourage you to subscribe in order to receive important information.
To subscribe you must have a USF email address. Once you have a USF email address, follow the instructions to subscribe to HARBORSIDE-NEWS below:
Visit HARBORSIDE-NEWS web page.
- Enter your Name
- Enter your USF email address
- Then click “Join HARBORSIDE-NEWS”
*You will receive a confirmation notice that your subscription was accepted.
TO SEND A MESSAGE
To send a message to all the people currently subscribed to the list, just send an email to HARBORSIDE-NEWS@LISTSERV.ADMIN.USF.EDU. This is called “sending mail to the list,” you send an email to a single address and the LISTSERV makes copies for all the people who have subscribed.
TO LEAVE THE LISTSERV
You may leave the list at any time by going to the HARBORSIDE-NEWS web page and logging in and selecting “Leave HARBORSIDE-NEWS”.