The Office of Human Resources, a part of the Division of Administration, is dedicated to providing excellent service and creating programs to support the vision and mission of USF St. Petersburg.
The HR Team is a committed one, striving to provide an environment that leads to employee satisfaction and commitment to the institution.
VISION: SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We accomplish our mission by having a “customer first” attitude; demonstrating a spirit of cooperation; being a trusted and valued partner and source for human resource knowledge and expertise; and by being responsive to our customers’ needs
The University of South Florida St. Petersburg expects respect and fair treatment for all people. Our institution serves the needs of the people of the State of Florida and our region, which are richly diverse in experience, values, and culture. We strive to enable our graduates to pursue careers and professions with competence and confidence, and believe learning from and with individuals from diverse backgrounds provides experiences to allow them to prosper in a diverse global environment.
The mission, vision, values and goals of USF clearly state the dedication to the diversity of human beings as well as diversity of ideas and viewpoints. We value the individuality of our faculty, staff, and students and are dedicated to ensuring equal access to qualified individuals from all walks of life. We are aware that some members of our society have historically been underrepresented in higher education, and we will work to provide a welcoming environment in which all individuals are valued.
To meet these goals, values, and expectations, USF St. Petersburg acknowledges that it has a compelling interest in diversity and a commitment to provide an educational, employment, and academic environment that removes societal barriers and allows staff, faculty, and students to teach and learn from one another.
PEOPLE MAKE STRATEGIES HAPPEN. THE USF ST. PETERSBURG HR TEAM IS FOCUSED ON:
- Attracting, developing and retaining diverse talent
- Building capability for tomorrow
- Leading change
- Fostering a culture of coaching and feedback
- Building effective processes and systems.
Our team will serve as partner, leader, and resource for our institution.
- Workforce Planning and HR Analytics
- Personalized Onboarding Program
- Diversity Plan
- Leading, Supporting, and Facilitating Change
- Streamlining of HR Processes
- Leadership Development
- Organizational Design
- Learning and Development
Standards of Service
Service plays a critical role in everything we do at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. All who work at this university are committed to providing quality service in all we do. We commit to serve others and place the needs of others before our own personal needs. Our philosophy of service pertains to students and fellow workers alike. We hold as self-evident that a service does not exist until it is offered. We appreciate that our student body and workforce are diverse and that our diversity gives us strength and adds value to our university. We appreciate the powerful nature of written and spoken communication and understand that how we communicate with students and one another has a direct impact on the quality of the individual experience at USF St. Petersburg. We also realize that each of us serves as an ambassador of this institution and that our attitude and actions reflect on us as individuals, and at the university. We are committed to support the University’s strategic plan by providing the very best service we can.
As such, the University of South Florida St. Petersburg is dedicated to the following goals and ideals:
- We will treat students, visitors and fellow workers with dignity and respect and assist them in a caring and helpful manner.
- We will act in a manner that students, visitors and fellow workers see us as a source of accurate and helpful information.
- We will continually review our policies and procedures in an effort to simplify them and improve service.
- We will continue to improve and update our knowledge, skills and abilities in order to best serve our students.
- We will derive pride and satisfaction from solving problems, not passing them on, as we seek solutions not blame.
In support of these goals and ideals, the following standards of service are established:
- We will acknowledge an inquiry as quickly as possible within the service levels established for individual units. The goal is to acknowledge internal responses within one business day to currently enrolled students who inquire about an issue. We will respond within three business days on inquiries from prospective students.
- We will make the point of conflict the point of resolution. If a student brings an issue to a staff member, that staff member will assist the student with arriving at a resolution.
- We will listen to our students and fellow workers and our communications will be clear and understandable.
- We will identify opportunities to simplify systems and processes in ways that benefit both internal and external stakeholders.
- We will give the student the benefit of the doubt.
- We will set the conditions so that students and visitors who interact with any University department feel welcome, relaxed and comfortable.