We are happy to be participating in this on-boarding with you. We understand that the first days, weeks, and months are filled with new information and lots of questions.
USF St. Petersburg campus is growing and its many accomplishments rest on the passion and commitment of our faculty, students, and staff. We hope you are inspired by the culture of excellence and feel supported by a dynamic campus community.
During your onboarding process, we want you to become familiar with USF St. Petersburg campus and build connections with colleagues. Below are some key things to consider throughout the onboarding process:
- Build relationships
- Be open to learning about the culture
- Ask questions to ensure an understanding of your role
- Seek multiple points of view
- Work with your manager and colleagues to determine and clarify performance measures
- Proactively participate in the onboarding process by supporting the creation and execution of the onboarding plan
- As part of the onboarding process, you will be meeting with those identified as people who can provide information for you and those who interface with your role.
This is a great time for you and these individuals to:
- Provide a description of your roles
- Discuss potential points of connection/interface
- Discuss helpful perspectives on the organization and culture from your point of view
- Get their perspective on how to be successful at USF St. Petersburg campus
- Address questions you may have for the individual
We look forward to working with you!
Note: One may not start working until all paperwork is completed and in Human Resources.