News and Events
- Joseph Kenny, Travel Grant Recipient, Awarded by NAFSA Region VII. Selected for travel
grant to attend NAFSA Region VII Annual Conference in November 2019.
- Angelica Rodriguez Jimenez, Travel Recipient, Awarded by NAFSA Region VII. Selected
for travel grant to attend NAFSA Advocacy Day in March 2019
- Joseph Kenny, Travel Grant Recipient, Florida Association of Interenational Educators (FAIE). Selected for travel grant to attend FAIE Conference.
- Wendy Baker, Professional Development Grant Recipient, CCIS Study Abroad. Received
$1000 grant to attend CCIS Study Abroad Conference in March 2019.
- Caryn Nesmith, Tammy Goldberg, Molly Murphy, Sudsy Tschiderer, Joseph Kenny and Angelica Rodriguez Jimenez, Certificate of Global Achievement – Group Category, Awarded by USF World
This team of special staff at USF St Petersburg planned, developed and implemented our first summer camps for Chinese faculty and students visiting USF St. Petersburg last summer. Due to their ability to work together closely and manage constant change, we were able to host a one-week camp for visiting students and faculty from Ameri-Can International Academy, a primary and secondary school in Weifang, China and a two-week professional development program for a group of English professors from Changhzhi University. The visits were an engagement effort by the USF St. Petersburg Global Initiatives office that allowed for collaboration and friendship between USF St. Petersburg faculty, staff, students and our international visitors.
- Caryn Nesmith, Tammy Goldberg, Molly Murphy, USF St. Petersburg Employee of Month (team award), October 2018
This award is given to employees who go above and beyond typical job expectations, provide outstanding customer service, or perform distinctive achievements that impact the department/campus. The team received the award for the following project:
This past summer we had two delegations of international visitors, one group of students and teachers from Ameri-Can International Academy in Weifang, China and a group of English professors from Changhzhi University. The visits were a global engagement effort that allowed for collaboration between USF St. Petersburg faculty and staff and the international visitors. Caryn, Molly and Tammy put in a tremendous effort before and during these visits to ensure their success. To add to the challenges, they faced, we had visa issues, which resulted in us having less than two weeks to plan and finalize the program for the visits, arranging housing, meals, transportation, cultural activities, and professional development workshops. Caryn worked to organize, arrange, and coordinate while Tammy and Molly were busily navigating the business operations of the university, making sure the staff to support the delegations were hired and paid, that p-cards worked to make food and other purchases, and that payments were made in a timely fashion. Through Tammy, Molly and Caryn’s efforts we were able to advance the university’s goal of providing international and diverse cultural opportunities for USF St. Petersburg faculty and staff both on and off-campus. All of this would have been impressive on its own but they both did all of this in addition to their already full day jobs. Thank you Tammy, Molly and Caryn!
- Joseph Kenny, USF St. Petersburg Employee of the Month, March 2018
- Wendy Baker, USF Global Achievement Award for Outstanding Global Engagement, Awarded by USF World
- Wendy Baker, Eduespaña Workshop, Study in Spain Travel grant recipient, Awarded by the Embassy of Spain
- DAAD Group Study Visit Grant for Faculty-Led Business Program to Germany (Hemant Merchant Program Director)