Steps to Graduation
1. Apply for your degree through Oasis
2. RSVP for the Commencement ceremony
3. Order your graduation announcements
4. Order your regalia (cap, gown, tassel)
5. Honor Society Students: order your honor sash
6. Check your email for ceremony updates
7. Attend Grad Stampede at the USF Bookstore
8. Pick up your pre-ordered regalia or purchase regalia at the USF Bookstore two weeks
prior to Commencement
9. Students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher, visit the USF Bookstore to purchase an honors
medallion 2 weeks prior to Commencement
10. International Students: pick up your international sash
11. Join the Alumni Association
12. Be successful in your final exams, dissertation defense or thesis completion
13. Enjoy your Commencement ceremony and Congratulations on your graduation
from the University of South Florida!
MEDALLIONS AND SASHES
Baccalaureate candidates are welcome to wear University approved Medallions and/or Sashes during the Commencement Ceremony. Unauthorized items may not be worn. Master’s candidates do not qualify for honors and may not wear items earned as an undergraduate student.
- Undergraduate students who qualify for the Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude or Cum Laude GPA based graduation/degree distinctions may purchase an Honors Medallion from the Bookstore. You will receive an email notification 2 weeks prior to the ceremony if you are eligible to purchase. Your name must be on the distinction list at the Bookstore.
- Students who are members of the Honors Program will receive an Honors Medallion at the end of their successful thesis defense. Eligibility questions can be directed to the Honors Program Director, Thomas Smith.
- Students who are members of an approved Honors Society may order an Honors Sash directly from the Society. Honors Sashes are custom made and need to be pre-ordered.
- International sashes are available from the Office of International Services for those degree candidates
whose home country is outside the continental United States. The sashes bear the same
colors as the flag of each nation. International students can request a sash when
RSVPing for Commencement. Students will be contacted by the Office of International
Services, once the sash is available for pick up. 1 (727) 873-4270, Email.
All international students, who are registered for commencement, are invited to participate in the USF International Services Graduation Sash Ceremony.
You may purchase your regalia (cap, gown, tassel, Master’s hoods, etc.) at the USF St. Petersburg campus Bookstore
Announcements, invitations, class rings and other graduation items may be ordered
from Herff Jones.
For questions, please email USF St. Petersburg Campus Bookstore Customer Service.
Only approved regalia from the USF Bookstores can be worn at the ceremony.
Graduate names listed in the program are generated from the online graduation application students complete through OASIS. Students who have elected total privacy of their student record or who do not apply to graduate by the deadline, may not have their name appear in the program.
The Summer 2021 deadline to be included in the printed Commencement program is the degree application deadline of June 12, 2021.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If you have any other Commencement questions or special needs, please email us.