The university’s Summer 2020 Virtual Commencement will be held online on Saturday, August 8 at 9:00 AM. This semester, the ceremonies will be based by college, instead of a student’s home campus as was done in the spring. Each ceremony will include remarks from President Currall, Provost Wilcox, Student Body President Mitchell, as well as recognition of students by name by their college’s leadership.
Student names were automatically included in the Virtual Commencement so long as the student applied to graduate on OASIS by the Registrar’s Office extended deadline of July 6; the student must also not have total privacy selected over their student records.
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Effective July 1 the USF System has consolidated under a single accreditation as one USF, resulting in a final college structure of the Virtual Commencement that includes the following:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Behavioral and Community Sciences
- Muma College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- Patel College of Global Sustainability
- College of Graduate Studies*
- College of Marine Science
- Morsani College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- Taneja College of Pharmacy
- College of Public Health
- College of The Arts
- Office of Undergraduate Studies*
*The College of Graduate Studies and Office of Undergraduate Studies will have a combined ceremony that will include graduate recognition from Provost Wilcox.
Students from former USFSP and USFSM colleges should contact their academic advisor for information on their new college for their degree program.
Student names were automatically included in the Virtual Commencement so long as the student applied to graduate on OASIS by the Registrar’s Office extended deadline of July 6; the student must also not have total privacy selected over their student records. To see if you applied on time or receive further information about your graduation application, please email the Registrar’s Office.
All Summer 2020 graduates will receive a commencement program via mail.
You may purchase your regalia (cap, gown, tassel, Master’s hoods, etc.) at the USF Bookstore
Additional items such as announcements, invitations, class rings and other graduation items may be ordered from Herff Jones.
For additional questions, please email USF St. Petersburg Campus Bookstore Customer Service.
Only the approved regalia from the USF Bookstores can be worn at the ceremony.
MEDALLIONS AND SASHES
Baccalaureate candidates are welcome to wear University approved Medallions and/or Sashes during the Commencement Ceremony. Unauthorized items may not be worn. Master’s candidates do not qualify for honors and may not wear items earned as an undergraduate student.
- Undergraduate students who qualify for the Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude or Cum Laude GPA based graduation/degree distinctions may purchase an Honors Medallion from the Bookstore. Your name must be on the distinction list at the Bookstore.
- Students who are members of the Honors Program will receive an Honors Medallion at the end of their successful thesis defense. Eligibility questions can be directed to the Honors Program Director, Thomas Smith.
- Students who are members of an approved Honors Society may order an Honors Sash directly from the Society. Honors Sashes are custom made and need to be pre-ordered.
- International sashes are available from the Office of International Services for those degree candidates
whose home country is outside the continental United States. The sashes bear the same
colors as the flag of each nation. International students can request a sash when
RSVPing for Commencement. Students will be contacted by the Global Initiatives office,
once the sash is available for pick up.
PNM 102, 1 (727) 873-4270, Email.
Graduate names listed in the program are generated from the online graduation application students complete through OASIS. Students who have elected total privacy of their student record or who do not apply to graduate by the deadline, may not have their name appear in the program. Registration to attend Commencement does not ensure that your name will be printed in the program. Following the ceremony, additional programs, if available, will be available on a first come-first serve basis and can be requested at this email.
All spring and summer 2020 graduates will receive a commencement program via mail.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If you have any other Commencement questions or special needs, please email us.