Response to COVID-19
NOTICE ABOUT MEDICAL SERVICES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Please note: you must reside in Florida to obtain telehealth services, per professional licensing guidelines.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, our medical staff is now available for telehealth services. If you have any questions about medical services or behavioral health, please do not hesitate to call 727-873-4422. Please also see the Wellness Center Changes to Operations page.
- For prescription refills, please call the nursing station directly at 727-873-4403.
- In-person appointments for acute symptoms (i.e., stomach pain, headache, STI symptoms,
rash, etc.) will only be seen during mornings.
- Afternoons are reserved for students experiencing respiratory symptoms.
- No students will be allowed in the office unless approved by staff.
- Those who do come in will need to be screened first.
- If you have questions about your physical health, you can also check out our Self-Help resources. You can find many answers to your questions about health without having to come into the office.
As part of USF’s plan to promote a healthy and safe campus environment, USF Student Health Services offers a COVID-19 testing site for faculty, staff and students on our campus. Appointments and walk-ins are welcome. The testing site (outside of the Student Life Center (SLC)) will be open:
- Monday 12-3p
- Tuesday 12-4p
- Wednesday 12-4p
- Thursday 12-3p
- Friday 10a-12p
If you have an appointment, please park on campus and walk to the Student Life Center. A member of the testing site staff will meet you outside the building and provide instructions on using the oral self-swab kit and packaging the kit for submission. As a reminder, face coverings are required on campus and should be worn upon arrival for the appointment.
- The test takes only seconds to perform and results will be sent directly to you. The testing will be offered through LabStat of Sarasota. The cost for the test should be 100% covered by health insurance, with no out of pocket expense.
- However, if a student is experiencing symptoms and would like to speak to a medical provider, they will need to call the Wellness Center for a medical appointment.
- Please visit usf.edu/coronavirus for more information. If you have additional questions about testing on the St. Petersburg campus, please contact Guy Van Asten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We highly recommend you follow CDC guidelines and stay at home until the risk of coronavirus has decreased. If you feel any symptoms coming on, please go to cdc.gov for information on what to do next. If you think you may need to be tested please contact our office.