COVID-19 Testing and Vaccines
Please note: you must be physically located in Florida to obtain telehealth services, per professional licensing guidelines.
|727-873-4422, option 2||Visit this link||No Walk-ins accepted|
If you have any questions about medical services or behavioral health, please do not hesitate to call 727-873-4422. Please also see the Wellness Center Changes to Operations page.
- In-person patient appointments are available Mon-Fri 8a-5p on an appointment basis only. MASKS MUST BE WORN FOR ALL IN-PERSON VISITS.
- Tele-health will continue to be offered.
- No walk-ins; anyone with symptoms must call for a tele-health appointment.
- To request accommodations for any Wellness Center services and/or programs, please contact us at 727-873-4422
- If you have questions about your physical health, you can also check out our Self-Help resources. You can find many answers to your questions about health without having to come into the office.
Anyone experiencing COVID-like symptoms (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea) or who believes they have been exposed to a positive case should get tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible. This is true whether you have been vaccinated or not as the delta variant does have the ability to infect vaccinated persons.
- Indviduals may report symptoms through the Daily Symptom Checker or by emailing assessCOVID@usf.edu, which will prompt a response from USF clinical staff, who will help you schedule a test, will complete contact tracing in conjunction with the Florida Department of Health and provide guidance on any needed isolation or quarantine.
- You should not come to campus until you are cleared by USF.
COVID-19 testing is available in 2 ways for faculty, staff, and students:
- You may call the Wellness Center 727-873-4422, option 2 to make an appointment. If you are a student, you will first have a telehealth appointment.
- You can make an appointment with the community testing site, operated by Labstat outside
of the Student Life Center (SLC). The testing site will be open on Wednesdays from 12-2p for Fall 2021 until further notice.
- If you have an appointment, please park on campus and walk to the Student Life Center.
- A member of the testing site staff will meet you outside the building and provide instructions on using the oral self-swab kit and packaging the kit for submission.
- The test takes only seconds to perform and results will be sent directly to you. The testing will be offered through LabStat of Sarasota. The cost for the test should be 100% covered by health insurance, with no out of pocket expense.
- Faculty and staff can also access testing at the USF Health Morsani Clinic on the
Tampa campus. Call 813-974-7616 to make an appointment, or if you are a USF Health
patient, you can self-schedule an appointment for testing through MyChart.
- There is no charge to any student or employee for the test. If you have insurance, we will bill for the costs of administering the test with no additional cost to you. If you do not have insurance, there will be no cost to you for the test.
- If you are tested off campus please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may provide any additional guidance relevant to your situation.
The university strongly encourages everyone to be vaccinated. We offer 2 types of COVID vaccines: the 1-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine and the 2-dose Pfizer vaccine.
- Tuesdays, 10a - 3p, call to schedule: 727-873-4422. Press option 2 to schedule.
Vaccines will be available to students, future students, faculty, staff and family members. We encourage appointments but will make every attempt to accommodate walk-ins in a timely manner. For other vaccination clinic information at USF, please click here.
We are also offering free COVID-19 booster shots to all eligible USF faculty, staff, students, and immediate household members. Faculty and staff can make an appointment by writing to email@example.com. Established USF Health patients can make a vaccine appointment through MyChart. Additionally, Student Health Services on all three of our campuses will also be offering the vaccine booster to those eligible by filling out an intake form or calling 813-974-2331.