Training and Education
The office of Student Outreach and Support (SOS) also provides training to the campus community. SOS provides department specific training as needed, and our training is reflective of the beahvioral trends noticed by SOCAT. SOS office team educates Faculty, Staff, students, and local community members on;
- Recognizing distressing behaviors
- Responding to Students in distress
- Help-A-Bull Training Series
- When and where to refer students
- Conflict Resolution
- Trauma informed Care
- Verbal De-escalation Tools and Techniuques
- How to support the Suicidial Student
- and more...
SOS is willing to also collaborate with campus partners to develop training needs for their department within the scope of the office.