IN KEEPING WITH USF’S RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK, THE AFLOAT OFFICE WILL BE OFFERING REMOTE COACHING AND PRESENTATION SESSIONS VIA MS TEAMS. IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE VISIT EITHER OF THE TABS ON THIS PAGE TO BOOK YOUR PERSONAL FINANCIAL COACHING SESSION.
The USF St. Petersburg campus AFLOAT Program provides financial education and awareness to students through individual coaching sessions, presentations, and outreach workshop events. Topics such as money management, creating budgets, effective use of credit and building a strong credit history, savings and investing, debt management, maximizing financial aid options, and preparing for life after college are just a few of the topics reviewed.
It is the mission of the program to provide our student body with the tools and resources needed in order to instill financial literacy and to empower themselves with respect to their financial goals both during college and for a lifetime.
The program does not provide legal advice, bankruptcy counseling, financial planning, mortgage and refinancing counseling, investment advice, contacting creditors, selection of financial institutions, selection of financial planning services, retirement planning, tax advice and filing assistance.
Connect with us
USF St. Petersburg
140 7th Ave. South, BAY 105
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Coaching and Presentations
Financial coaching is your chance to sit down face-to-face with our Financial Education Advisor who will provide information and how-tos for money management, credit cards and reports, saving, investing, paying for college and more.
The AFLOAT Financial Educator provides presentations to USF St. Petersburg campus courses, student organizations, clubs, or residence halls Monday-Friday during the Academic Year. Learn about money management, paying for college, credit cards and scores and more.
Apps, Calculators and Financial Resources
- Mobile Banking
- Free checks
- Cash deposit limits
- Cash withdrawal limits
- Free online Bill Pay
- NO overdraft fees
- NO NSF fees
- EveryDollar helps you create a monthly budget so you can achieve your money goals. Say goodbye to money stress and hello to confidence in your financial future. Create your first budget in less than 10 minutes.
- Customer Service
- Awarded friendliest app on App Store
- Combines all spending and income information from bank account
- Extremely Secure
- At LearnVest, we believe money should be a source of strength (not stress) no matter how much you have or where you’re starting from. We’re here to educate and empower you so you can start off right and achieve your goals – whether you want to take a dream vacation, put a down payment on your first home or start planning for retirement.
- Whether you want to track your spending, make a budget or lower your bills, with PocketGuard you can spend more time living, while staying on top of your finances
- A home budget app based on the envelope budget system. Available on the Web, Android, and iPhone. Replace your family budget planner, worksheet or spreadsheet with software that syncs.
- Created by the Florida Bar Association
- Key guide in understanding how the law will impact your daily life
- Saves shop locations for easy future input
- Able to assign recurring income and expenses
- Can take pictures of receipts
- Cloud Storage
- Review Section with breakdown of spending habits
- Not linked to bank account
- Syncs with Bank Account
- Goal Tracking
- Reports progress with graphs and charts
- Free Support
- Live classes and workshops
- Good for those who don't know much about Budgeting
- Secured by PayPal