Yuengling USF St. Petersburg campus Diversity in Brewing Scholarship Award
D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc., America’s Oldest Brewery, is funding the opportunity for one recipient to receive full tuition payment for the USF St. Petersburg campus Brewing Arts Certificate Program starting on February 7th, 2022. The Diversity in Brewing Scholarship is a financial award to fund an individual from a traditionally underrepresented groups. This award will cover the full cost of the program. Students will still be required to cover the cost of any instructional materials, internship travel, and technology required for successful completion. Application window will be from November 1, 2021 through January 9, 2022.
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Part of a traditionally underrepresented racial/ethnic/gender/sexual orientation group.
- Accepted into the Brewing Arts certificate program (Apply Here).
NOTE: Prerequisites for the program include college level algebra and chemistry or biology. Exceptions may be made for these prerequisites. Please contact the Program Director directly for additional information.
Each applicant will be evaluated in terms of first having a complete package, which consists of the following:
- Acceptance letter to the USF St. Petersburg campus Brewing Arts Certificate Program.
- A personal essay which includes discussion on:
- financial need,
- future goals in the brewing industry, and
- importance of diverse representation in the brewing industry.
Include the following statement and signature:
“I identify as an individual from an underrepresented ethnic, racial, gender or sexual orientation group.
Signed by _(your name)_"
(Examples of underrepresented ethnic or racial groups include, but are not limited to: African Americans, Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, Asian or Pacific Islander, American Indian or Alaskan Native.)