Yuengling USF St. Petersburg campus Diversity in Brewing Scholarship Award
D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. is funding the opportunity for one recipient to receive full tuition payment for the USF St. Petersburg campus Brewing Arts Certificate Program starting on February 1st, 2021. The Diversity in Brewing Scholarship is a financial award to fund an individual from a minority group to pursue their passion in brewing. This award will cover the full cost of the program. Students will still be required to cover the cost of any instructional materials, internship travel, and technology required for successful completion. Application window will be from October 15, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Part of an underrepresented ethnic or minority group
- Accepted into the Brewing Arts certificate program (Application Information)
NOTE: Prerequisites for the program include college level algebra and chemistry or biology. Exceptions may be made for these prerequisites. Please contact the Program Director directly for additional information.
Each applicant will be evaluated in terms of first having a complete package, which consists of the following:
- Acceptance letter to the USF St. Petersburg campus Brewing Arts Certificate Program.
- A personal essay which includes discussion on:
- financial need,
- future goals in the brewing industry, and
- importance of diverse representation in the brewing industry.