Academic Scheduling and Space
We efficiently manage academic scheduling and space to benefit students, faculty and research by using the latest technology for accuracy and judicious instructional space utilization.
The Registrar’s Office coordinates each semester’s course schedule and works with colleges to ensure efficient delivery of courses in a manner that maximizes course availability for students.
APPROVED CLASS MEETING PATTERNS
Class meeting patterns have been designed to maximize academic space utilization and course availability.
- Fall and Spring class section meeting patterns – Effective FALL 2019
- Fall and Spring class section meeting time blocks – Effective FALL 2019
- Strategic Scheduling Policies and Guidelines
- Scheduling Variance Request Form
USF ST. PETERSBURG CAMPUS SCHEDULING TIMELINE
2019-20 Scheduling Timeline
The scheduling timeline assists departments and colleges with advance planning for the academic schedule.
If you have any questions regarding class scheduling or classroom space contact 727-873-4645 or email us. Academic Scheduling and Space is located in the Registrar’s Office in BAY 102.
To report a maintenance concern about any classroom, contact Facilities Services at 873-4135 or place a work order.
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
Final exam schedules for fall and spring are posted approximately three weeks after the first day of classes. USF Testing and Final Exam policy can be found on the regulations and policy site, number 10-005.
Notable items about the final exam policy and the final exam scheduling matrix:
- The last six (6) days of the Fall and Spring semesters shall be set aside for final examinations.
- The final exam period begins on a Saturday. Saturday is the designated exam day for
not only Saturday courses, but for online courses as well as courses with common finals.
- Instructors teaching fully online courses should work with their academic department and students to determine the time that would avoid conflicts with other course exams held on Saturday. (Refer to the current exam schedule.)
- If a student has a direct conflict of scheduled examinations that are scheduled according to the final exam schedule, or has three or more examinations scheduled on the same day, the student may petition the appropriate instructor to reschedule one of the student’s examinations.
- Spring 2020 Final Exam Schedule
The final exam schedule will remain as posted but in a remote environment. Please note that Reading Days of April 30 and May 1 are still on the Academic Calendar and no final exams may be given during this time.
The Registrar’s Office endeavors to work with colleges and faculty to make sure classes are assigned appropriate space. Changes to academic classroom schedule will only be considered if requested by the authorized college liaison or their designee:
- Martin Seggelke, College of Arts and Sciences
- Angelica Foley, College of Business
- Deanna Bullard, College of Education
Request a classroom reassignment or to assign space for a newly created section.
The Registrar’s Office reviews all requests for use of the classrooms at the USF St. Petersburg campus, and schedules over 1,000 academic courses and extra-curricular events and meetings per term in a manner that is conflict-free and offers optimal use of available space.
Please note: Academic space is only available to University sponsored groups and events and is subject to availability. Reservations for student groups must be submitted by the group’s faculty advisor or sponsor. Priority for classroom usage must be for USF St. Petersburg campus courses.
Request the use of Academic Space for events and meetings related to academic learning.
All users of Academic Space are required to adhere to University policy outlined in our Classroom Use and Information Guide.
To reserve non-academic space (i.e. DAV 130, Harbor Hall Community Room, etc.) please visit the University Student Center website. If your reservation through USC requires the use of academic space, they will contact the Registrar’s Office for availability.
All classrooms are equipped with Computer and AV technology. Available technology includes SmartBoards and a state-of-the art learning lab Smart Classroom.